Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox -- the right firm for right now.
Intellectual property issues have never been more complex or challenging than they are right now. The passage of the America Invents Act only adds to the challenge.
The pace of innovation, too, has never been faster. New technological inventions and scientific discoveries are being introduced daily and embraced almost as quickly. The choice of IP legal counsel has never been more critical.
You're looking for experience and value. Right?
- We understand the importance of aligning IP with business strategy.
- Our team understands technology and is known for anticipating the next big thing - from biotech to nanotech, cleantech and so on.
- We have 35 years of patent law experience - we were there for In re Beauregard, In re Wands, KSR, AIA... and we continue there on the cutting edge.
- We have appeared in district courts around the country, before the Supreme Court and at the International Trade Commission.
- When it comes to counseling on trademarks, client focus is not just a buzzword we use.
- We understand the forces at work in the marketplace - where is the demand, where are the chokepoints in your competitors' technologies - and advise on which ideas to patent, sell or license.
Depth of technical know-how is our intellectual property.
Founded in 1978 and based in Washington, DC, Sterne Kessler is dedicated exclusively to the protection, transfer and enforcement of intellectual property rights. Our team of attorneys, registered patent agents, students and technical specialists include some of the country's most respected practitioners of intellectual property law. Most of our professionals hold an advanced level degree, including more than 60 with a doctorate in science or engineering -- credentials wide and deep enough to fill the faculty of a science-oriented university.
We hire the best, brightest and most qualified personnel.
We recruit attorneys and agents specifically for their technical expertise, industry experience and litigation prowess. All of our patent prosecution attorneys are registered to practice (or eligible to register) before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Many have previously worked as Patent Examiners and have unique insights into the inner workings of the Patent Office.
A broad range of clients in very specialized industries.
Our client base includes emerging and established companies, venture capital firms, individual entrepreneurs and universities -- from bleeding edge technology fields like carbon footprint technologies, pharmacogenomics, nanomedicine and biofuels to next generation electronics and other consumer products.
We love what we do!
We have unbridled passion for exploring the bounds of technology and the law to help you succeed. We like what happens, every day, when 170+ IP professionals come to work in a firm that combines the focus of a boutique with the resources of a major IP practice.