Patent Office Litigation
Since the implementation of the America Invents Act of 2011, the IP arena has been in a state of flux. In this environment, our Patent Office Litigation team has emerged as a dominant force, having represented both petitioners and patent owners, in a wide range of the USPTO's technology centers – biotech and chemical, electrical, and mechanical.
Why Sterne Kessler?
- We filed four of the first ten inter partes reviews at the USPTO.
- We lead all firms in number of successful final written decisions, with nearly 100% of our completed trials resulting in positive outcomes for firm clients.
- We lead the pack in institution success. When representing petitioners, Sterne Kessler obtains institution at a rate of 84.2%, significantly higher than the average rate of 76.9% and higher than the other leading firms.
- When representing patent owners, Sterne Kessler has trial denied at a rate of 29.1%, well above the average of 22.5%.
- Sterne Kessler is second in terms of the number of representations, with involvement in 225+ post-grant challenges.
Sterne Kessler is experienced in all proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board, including: