Trademarks are the most enduring of all forms of intellectual property, capable of distinguishing your identity and reputation from those of competitors for the life of your business, products, and services.
When it comes to counseling on trademark selection, protection, enhancement, and enforcement, "client focus" is not just a buzzword we use. It is a defining part of our trademark practice. Our approach employs a team of legal professionals, including directors recognized by the trademark industry as leaders in the field, combined with a mix of associates, trademark specialists, and paralegals with competitive billing rates. We approach each project by determining the most efficient and cost effective strategy to produce high quality, high value results for you.
We have a diverse client base, providing counsel to companies operating in virtually every market segment. We work with both in-house counsel and business people to assess the needs of the organization and recommend the best course of action to effectively and efficiently meet set goals. We also work with you to ensure your trademark strategy evolves with your business.
Here is what distinguishes us from the competition:
- Work closely with clients to identify and create brand identity strategies;
- Results-oriented approach that considers trademark protection, leverage, and enforcement in alignment with business goals;
- Proactive representation by regularly auditing materials and media to ensure maximum exposure and proper use of trademarks and other IP to maintain and enhance the strength of the portfolio;
- Negotiate trademark license and coexistence agreements for strategic advantage;
- Aggressive, yet efficient programs to identify and pursue trademark and copyright infringements in the marketplace and on and off the Internet, including attempts by others to register conflicting marks with trademark offices throughout the world;
- A database of potential infringement targets that is accessible electronically by you for monitoring the status of each infringement matter;
- Successful representation of both complainants and respondents in UDRP proceedings before the World Intellectual Property Office, as well as assisting with filing IP claims for new top level domains such as .biz and .info gTLDs;
- In-house and onsite training sessions on Intellectual Property issues;
- Flexible management and reporting options relating to domestic and foreign portfolios, including providing interactive electronic reports and secure client extranets; Monthly budgets for matters to prioritize projects based on your projected cash flow and immediate needs.
Among the services we provide are:
- Federal, State, and Foreign Trademark Registration
- Managing Global Trademark Portfolios
- Trademark Licensing
- Trademark Enforcement and Defense
- Domain Name Registration and Dispute Resolution
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (mediation and arbitration)
- Oppositions and Cancellations
- Trade Dress Protection of Non-traditional Marks (shape, sound, color, scent)
- Review of Product Literature/Labeling and Websites for proper Trademark Usage
- Negotiate IP Transactions
- Trademark Valuation
- Branding Guidelines and Programs